Sunday, November 13, 2011

On 4 legs and 2

Yesterday we re visited an old haunt of my teenage years. It was the place I learnt about big spaces, hills and spending time alone with a horse.
When I heard this particular trek was on, of course I wanted to go but there is always that niggle that it might not be as remembered.
It certainly wasn't trekking as 'we' know  it but it was a nice ride and it was great to be able to spend time talking with people I haven't seen in a while.
We did kind of stick out like sore thumbs amongst the hunting brigade with out western gear, no helmets, and unclipped horses!

And today, Susan and I did a trek of another kind. We walked (yes, without horses) 12 km's, taking part in the annual round the bridges fun run and walk.
2 hours, 14 minutes and 30 seconds. Having never done anything like that before, I was pretty pleased with the time.
I remember only too well what an effort it was to walk 4 km's a few months back.



No comments: