Sunday, September 6, 2009

Gus or Summer?

After Friday's happy ride on Summer, yesterday she turned into a fire breathing, god only knows what :( Very depressing.

We had people here trying Gus and I took them out for a ride. Thank goodness Gus couldn't care less as she was an absolute nightmare.

How awful did I feel to have them ask me if I was selling the right horse.

But they still haven't got back to me about Gus. In fairness they did have a very long drive home (about 5 hrs) so I will have to be patient. As will all the other people waiting to hear if he is still available.

It actually hit me last night that Gus is really going to go. I don't know how I really feel about loosing Mr Reliable who has been there for me for the past 18 mths.

And as for the blonde bimbo. Well thats all my plans dashed. I have been purposely keeping the rides low key in an effort to get her settled and steady. She obviously has a naturally 'hot' temperament and I won't be rushing out to try to many endurance rides on her if thats the way she is going to perform in her own back yard.

No comments: