Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Some times, it really is the small things

Today, while attempting to do a bit of tidying up in the garden, I found an old birds nest again with some white mane hair. It made me smile for a moment and then sad to think that the reminders become fewer as time passes.

Day 2 today of riding Juno at home. Lets just say, lesson learnt and she has been removed from the 20 + acres paddock of grass and is now confined to a much smaller area with minimal feed.

It's quite different bringing them home to where they have never had to really work, compared to when you do all the work at home.
She is really trying it on a bit, or as Charlie says, she is BEING trying!  But it's not too bad and we are working through it.
So Juno had to work a bit harder today till she decided to be the nice submissive pony I know she can be.

There is a good chance I won't be able to lift my arms high enough to feed myself tomorrow, but at least the pony behaved ;-)

1 comment:

sally said...

Wow I just love the foal...and I so know how you are feeling with the rides at home away from where they are broken in