Saturday, July 30, 2011

Looking forward

New season treks are starting to be advertised. Of course this sets off that sense of excitement that exploring new places does for me.

So I am super anxious to get going. Now just to find a quiet plod to get some confidence in my capabilities and to actually test myself out and see just what I can and can't do.

So with all this in mind, I took myself off to the marvellous Osteopath that we have in Raglan. She swung on my leg, pounded some ribs, bent me in half and generally had a real good go at straightening me back out. You just don't realise how much you are compensating with different parts of your body when something isn't working too well.
And of course I have a book of injuries like a lot of horse people do.

I surprised myself by actually feeling quite good as I left the building but an hour later I was vague, head achy, and getting quite sore. Later in the night, a lot of that passed to and I was beginning to feel ok again.
Since then, my bad shoulder has improved heaps movement wise. Still pretty sore and I have to be careful just how I move it but I am using it so much more which is a great thing!

It's all been made just that bit more difficult by the bug I have been fighting with for the past 2 weeks. Most of my voice has returned but now I have one of those annoying coughs that combined with my aches and pains means I am not getting much sleep again.

And tomorrow, a friend is bringing me a pony that I am supposedly going to be able to ride safely. I hate being treated like a Nana but will suck it up because it means riding, something I haven't done since the 26 February. For now, I am keeping the excitement tightly contained........

1 comment:

sally said...

Oooohhh goodness I'm excited for you about the ride you will be having. Glad to hear the body is starting to mend ......and I hope your bug goes well and truely.