Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Off to school.......

The Coromandal Hippy is a barefoot child no more. He is now sporting a full set of shoes and had his first ever foot trim to go with the shoes.

The farrier has reported that he has bl**dy hard feet and is also an annoying trying little sh*t!

But the shoes are on without too much drama. And we had a couple of float loading practices as it's been a while since he's been on.

So tomorrow we head off to Johnnies bush school where Chief will become a contributing member of society. No more free ride for that boy.

I am somewhat excited by all this, which is rather unusual for me. First time in my life that I've ever sent any horse away to be worked. I have had other's ride them if needed but have always been there and they always came home with me afterwards.

No comments: