Monday, November 29, 2010

Enough already.

I am canceling November and December from now on. Every year is the same and I am sick of it.
Is it meant to be some kind of life challenge?

Because I needed to have a feel good moment *hollow laughter* I started on Plan B for Chief a week earlier than expected this afternoon.
He knows the game so well now though and it doesn't seem to matter what I tie on him, he accepts it all. Buckets with stones in, feed bins, dragging sacks, 4 plastic shopping bags flapping in the wind. Cracking stock whip, swinging it round in the air over his head. All accepted better than some older horses would.
Something to feel good about finally today.
And because I am a glutton for punishment, I then decided it was time to ride him again. It's been a couple of weeks at least now.
He was very good for a while. and then he started to take charge again. And I lost confidence in him at that point. Took him back to the small yard, did enough to finish on a good note and got off.
Not happy with myself again now.

Summer is still coughing. I heard her from the house this morning and rang the vet. He was surprised as he thought this injection would have cleared her up almost immediately. Now he wants her on AB's and the hideously expensive Ventipulman.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring......

No comments: