Saturday, June 27, 2009

A visit from Kylee

This morning, Kylee from http://hotspotsimaging.co.nz/ checked out Trapper.

Interesting that today his stifle locked properly (that we were aware of) for the first time since we first went to see him.
There have been the very brief momentary locks as he goes to walk off, very hard to describe as its so quick.

He doesn't show any major problems but she pointed out how tight he was in his muscle on the leg that locks. It certainly can't be helping so I am going to have to learn to massage it properly and see if that makes a difference.

I had made a temporary plan to take him to an equine vet next week to see about the tendon cutting option. Its never been something I have wanted to do so now I have a good reason to put it off for a bit longer.

He is still just young and I need to be a bit more patient, not really my strong point.................

No comments: