Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gus has his bag packed

and is ready to go. I think we are too?!?!?!?!?

The vet saw Summer again yesterday. She is making a very rapid recovery. Why could this not have happened last week? He thinks she will be fine again in 2 days time.

Steph has kindly said she will come and keep up with the treatment and the vet may call in sometime this weekend if he goes past so I don't feel so bad about leaving her.
Strangely though this morning I noticed that during the night she has had an abscess burst out the heel of her hind foot. She never shows any sort of pain. Its not the first time its happened and I haven't noticed anything wrong with her.

Anyway if all goes well she may be able to join the trek on the last couple of days! Thats the advantage of it being local this year I suppose and the rest day being 10 minutes along the road.
I will not be getting my hopes up but it would be nice if she could.

No comments: