Thursday, February 12, 2009

Riding in the dark

Its a full moon. Not that we've been able to see it much with all the cloud thats hanging around.

Polly liked my idea of riding at night while the moon is full. It suits her as her kids are in bed and their dads at home so last night her and I planned to meet up on the beach at 9 pm.

It looked like the weather was clearing but by 8.30 pm the cloud was building up again.
Still we decided to go anyway so I dragged Mr Reliable out and we headed off. The plan being to saddle up while there was still a bit of daylight.

We never saw the moon. Actually it was pretty damn dark I thought! Still I am glad I did it.
The horses trundled along as good as ever but it was quite disorientating to start with for us up on top of them.

We rode all the way to the end of the beach. I had my camera in my pocket and did try to take a photo but the light from the flash gave poor little Meg a fright so I didn't try that again.

Next month hopefully it will be clearer so we can try it again.

The shed now has all its doors, hooray! All we need now is for the inspector to sign it off and the builder can start with my tack room.

No comments: