Saturday, February 21, 2009

O.K, So it rained a bit

but we had a fantastic ride today!

Summer & I went and joined the Waikato Hunt Club trek (just for today) and had a really enjoyable time. Would have been better without the showery rain of course but it is what you make it.

We started from Plateau rd where I have been before but the rest of the ride was all new territory for me and Summer. She was a treasure again and had many people again commenting on how kindly she goes along. They were a great crowd to ride with too. Lots of people I already know. Some from treks and some just because they are locals etc and I met one lovely lady who tried her best to get me to say I would join them out hunting in the winter time. LOL, I will have to think on that!

Actually I lied slightly. The last 3/4 of an hour the rain had started to run into my left boot. I don't like that feeling of soggy feet. It was at that point I decided I was no longer enjoying myself and wanted to hurry up and get home.

And I got to try out my lovely new riding coat that Steph bought me when she came home from Germany. I love it but I guess even flash new coats have there limits as to how much rain they will hold out. Some wet gear to get to work on tomorrow, yay.............................not!

No comments: